So I remember writing a blog on the most frequently asked questions about being an international student (Click here), and I’ve also recently blogged about being a twin and my identity crisis during high school (Click here). Now, here are some questions that we, as twins, get asked all the time!
10. Have you girls ever fought over the same dress? 你們會搶衣服穿嗎?
Uh…duh? Especially when we were obnoxious middle and high schoolers. But we also hated to wear the same clothes.
9. Have your parents ever mixed up you two? 爸爸媽媽有把你們搞錯過嗎?
Sorry to disappoint you all, but no…my parents really don’t think we look alike! But sometimes they do get tricked when we call them on the phone
8. Have you guys switched classes with each other to trick the teachers? Or have you guys cheated on exams for each other? 你們有偷偷換教室來整老師嗎?或者幫互相作弊?
We were helplessly goody-goody kids back in elementary school…plus we never thought we looked alike enough to trick people.
7. Where is your sister? SEATTLE!? Why are you guys so far away?
If you read my previous post, we never wanted to go to the same college (with good reasons). But it just happened that the school we chose were on the opposite sides of United States We didn’t do this on purpose! I love my sister and I wish I got to see her more often during college.
6. Are you guys identical or fraternal? 你們是同卵還是異卵?
Okay this is pathetic but we actually never got tested. We are really convinced that we are fraternal though.
5. Are you guys alike (in terms of personality)? 你們個性像嗎?
People expect us to have the same personality and hobbies…smh. And this is actually a hard question to answer! Lol. But no I don’t think we have similar characters. I think we are very different, though we do share some same interests.
4. Do you guys read each other’s mind? (and do you feel each other’s pain?)
No…we just know each other really well that we often speak the same thing at the same time. And no my arm doesn’t actually hurt when you pinch hers
3. Who’s older? 你們誰是姊姊?
Me Well, by two minutes!
(and a lot of times people laugh at the “two minutes”…I don’t know why)
2. Have you two ever liked the same guy? 你們喜歡上過同一個男生嗎?
This gets asked way too often haha. But no, never have and never will We have nothing against each other’s boyfriend, we just have different taste in men.
1. ARE YOU GUYS TWINS!? 你們是雙胞胎嗎!?
Really, we get asked all these questions more often than people think. But don’t worry I don’t actually get annoyed. (OK fine, sometimes I secretly roll my eyes)
And I found this hilarious video!!! Please take a look.
Oh, the life of being a twin Only actual twins would understand, haha. Sharon, please add on if I missed something! Or if you have a different answer