Continuing my last post on my takeaways from the book It’s Not About the Coffee by Howard Behar-
6. Be Accountable: Only the Truth Sounds like the truth
- Take a minute: Look at your goals. Look at your performance. See if your behavior matches your goals. –Kenneth H. Blanchard and Spencer Johnson, The One Minute Manager
- Own it, when you make a mistake.
- Turn your fear into faith. What we fear controls us. What we face frees us. Always tell the truth, even when it meets with disapproval.
7. Take Action: Think Like a Person of Action, and Act Like a Person of Thought
- Do what you love, and the success will follow.
- Don’t worry about your resume. Just let your natural gifts shine through.
- If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right. –Henry Ford
- Celebrating failures get rid of the fear of failure. People learn to trust that they can take risks and nothing bad will happen. Not taking risks and not taking action is the thing to fight against.
- Being persistent, staying with it, even when it’s not working, can lead to a breakthrough when you least expect it.
- You can’t get results, you can’t experience your potential, if you don’t take action. If you want to have an impact, if you aspire to make a difference, then you had better start doing it. Nothing is worse than wasting your life in the false comfort of inaction.
8. Face Challenge: We are Human Beings First
- There’s no such thing as stressful situations, just stressful responses.
9. Practice Leadership
10. Dare to Dream: Say Yes, the Most Powerful Word in the World
- Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. –Howard Thurman
I know this may just seem like a list of quotes/sound a little preachy? But take your time and read them, maybe they’ll inspire you…:) Still though, reading the actual book is different- that way it might make more sense. 🙂
Please recommend any inspiring books or articles. I always love reading them.
You can also follow me on Twitter @sharon_uw– When I find inspirational stuff I usually like to share them. 🙂
- Please LIKE us on Facebook if you haven’t<3